Bonjour to vogue Paris

Hello cyberspace and its inhabitants,

Simply put, I am Elle. A very new blogger and enthusiastic writer who, on a friday night like many teens, is surfing the internet – checking my email, looking at DBPB, and trying to occupy my mind until I begin to feel tired. So of course, I have stumbled upon a great (well a greatly debatable) post that is going to fuel my blog . . . and keep me awake for a few more hours.

Curious yet? Well, you should be. There are links below to a picture – for vogue paris – of a TEN, yes I said TEN, year old girl named Thylane Lena-Rose Blondeau. Now society and political correctness dictate that right about now I should be saying that this girl should be able to “follow her dreams” and “do what she wants” but, frankly, I STRONGLY disagree. I think sending this girl into a modeling career at ten is a mistake. The effort put into making this girl look 20 is a robbery of her innocence as well as a demeaning portrayal of all young girls.

Agree? Disagree?

Let the cyberspace debate begin!

Published in: Uncategorized on August 7, 2011 at3:06 am Comments (2)

The URI to TrackBack this entry is: http://elleaboratewithme.edublogs.org/2011/08/07/bonjour-to-vogue-paris/trackback/

RSS feed for comments on this post.

2 Comments      Leave a comment.

1. on September 10, 2011 at 11:35 amSunny Said:

What if she was modelling kids clothes? Is it modelling that’s bad or that she’s tarted up to look like a 20-year old? Is there a difference? What if she

Reply

• on September 10, 2011 at 5:50 pmrenben95 Said:

Although I do believe that the modeling industry is rather unstable,because of its ease of influence and ability to “mainstream” people into a socially acceptable mold, I am not entirely opposed to the idea of children modeling for kids clothing companies. So, I suppose that it is that “tarting” kids up that makes a difference. Primarily because it takes away the opportunity for an innocent childhood . . . in the sense that a child is often less focused on what to wear compared to say, who they want to play with.

Reply